Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week 2 Wednesday

It's going to be a heat wave today. High of 32 before it gets cold again. Friday's low is -2, burr. Man I can't wait till the days when I can wear shorts and a t-shirt to work. I feel like a freak walking around my building all bundled up and carrying my snowboard helmet. Oh well, it beats scraping the windows on my car and letting it warm up for 5 minutes just so I can drive 3 miles to work. I haven't driven my car in three days. It's going to be great not having to fill up my tank every week. Now I'll have more gas $$ to take bike trips. Speaking of bike trips, the first Landahl race is only 18 days away.

There was a great sunrise this morning. I just love riding in with the sun warming me up. Threw and extra blinky light on the back of my helmet today. I want to be seen by the folks driving into the bright sunshine.

On a lighter note, I've lost 5 pounds since I started commuting. It's like loosing weight without even trying. Now if I can only stop drinking beer and eating junk I should be in good shape by summer.

2 comments:

munsoned said...

Yup. The double shot of exercise a day really does a number on the metabolism. Once it gets nicer, adding in an hour or so on a "scenic" route home will have you dropping pounds like Spears women dropping babies. Heck, if you hold back a little on the liquid courage and snack on fruits/veggies instead of comfort foods, you might be considered skinny by summer time. Then I will have no chance against you at the single speed races this year. My ability to climb is about the only attribute I have. Add climbing to your roster of skills and "beware all those who oppose the T-dog."

T-bone said...

Word