Friday, February 8, 2008

Day 5 am



I'm happy to report that I'm one ride away from completing my first week of commuting. I may have to celebrate tonight with a margarita or two. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Once you get your route and routine down it's easy.


One thing I love about riding into work is seeing the sunrise. It just feels good when the sun is poking over the horizon and hits you with some rays.


Nothing exciting to report from the morning ride. I'm feeling more and more comfortable riding next to traffic. I still get a few close calls now and then but nothing too bad (knock on wood). Have a great weekend everyone.

4 comments:

Biker Bob/Runner Bob said...

Good job on the week of riding. It's a good feeling isn't it.

dale said...

Glad to hear you're liking the commute! All the senses except taste are heightened by commuting.

Mark Savery said...

I don't know Dale, I taste that salt just fine.

dale said...

Good point mod! Cars stirring up the dry salt, sand, burnt petrochemicals, etc. as they pass. Makes me think I should not be riding Fort St till we get a good scrubbing rain to wash all that down into the papillion watershed.