Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday

Well I'm back on the bike. Still not feeling 100% but I miss commuting. Had a photographer come by the house this morning for some pictures for the commuting story. He thinks the story will run in Sundays paper.

It's supposed to be 70 tomorrow and I can't wait. This winter has been one of the longest I can remember. Last year we were riding in shorts a month earlier.
I was riding down Park Ave on my way to work and came across a crime scene at St. Mary's Ave. They had the whole intersection taped off and closed to traffic. Didn't see much but an empty street. Now that it's getting nice out I think I'm going to start getting out earlier and do a little riding around town before I head to work.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Taking Park Ave would make an interesting ride to work. I finally rode to work today. Left the house at 6:15 and made it to school a half an hour later. Not too bad.

T-bone said...

Sweet! The first day is always the worst. I felt so out of place, now I feel out of place when I drive my car:)

Yea, Park Ave has some interesting sights. I'm only on it for a few blocks so it's not that bad.

Unknown said...

Yeah, it felt pretty good. And when you think about it, I am only adding 15 more mintues of travel time. That is TOTALLY reseasonable!

At least at my job, I don't need a badge or have someone I don't know harassing me for bring my bike inside.

Can I post to this blog, or do you have to invite me or somehting? We can make this commuting blog get bigger! (;

T-bone said...

Yes, I can add you I just need your email address.

Harlan said...

In the paper twice in one week and on the cover. Will you still talk to us little people.

AOJules said...

Love your blog, loved the story in today's paper! Thanks for the shout out re: the Bicycle Commuter Challenge, too. Hope to see you at the BCC Capt's meeting - make sure to introduce yourself!
Julie @ activateomaha

ajb said...

nice writeup today:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1208&u_sid=10302893

T-bone said...

Thanks everyone! I sure wasn't expecting the cover of the Sunday paper. I hope is does some good:)

dmars said...

Keep it up guys!! You r an inspiration.

dale said...

Hey pcakes, congrats on the ride to work! Provides a good talking point for your students as well.